Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ah school

Kate and I were late for school yesterday, because we underestimated how long it would take us to walk from the 8th district to the 11th. We were just exploring the 8th before class and lost track of time. Class was pretty easy yesterday and today because we got a new teacher and she waits for everyone to catch up before moving on. She's also alot quieter. Today we went shopping for the first time and got some really cute things. Then in class we learned tons of vocab and I tried really hard not to fall asleep. The problem with spacing out in French class, is that since it's all in French you aren't taking anything in unless you are really concentrating. So, it's really obvious when you aren't listening...or I should say when I'm not listening. We had Falafel's for dinner today and they were delicious, especially considering we didn't really know what was in them. It seemed like a pretty good little shop though because lots and lots of people were in line. We had a bottle of wine with dinner because even the cheap wine over here is delicious. We played hearts again and I finally didn't lose totally. For some reason I am terrible at playing hearts. I just don't understand how to strategize or something. Anyways, it was still fun. Tomorrow Kate and I are going to walk to the Arch De Triumph. That's the plan anyways. That's were the Chanzelize is:for those of you who don't know that's the most famous shopping place in the world apparently. I didn't know that either. Anyways it will just be window-shopping, but maybe we will buy a very expensive coffee. Then class, which we need to study for... So for now that's it and I will try to take some more pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment